About Me



graduated from The University of Arizona with a master's degree in digital journalism in May 2019.

My specialty is telling stories in unique ways, using different platforms and formats. I enjoy creating 40 seconds or less, engaging videos for social media and putting together 5- to 10-minute short documentaries. Also, I can write in-depth features and proven, engaging short news stories.

Skills

I love the insights analytics give me. Additionally, I love technology; multimedia; copy and video editing; production work, design and opportunities to work in the field and learn from mentors!

I interviewed Kendal Washington White, Dean of Students at the University of Arizona, for an inaugural School of Journalism podcast about student life. White spoke about her son, a freshman, moving into the dorms for the first time.

Goals

My goal is to work in digital journalism for a media outlet or digital communications for a four-year university. This website explains my experience in all.

Communications

To learn more about my work in digital communications, visit the Engagement and Writing sections of my website. While there, you'll also learn how I helped promote a major online campaign for the College of Medicine – Tucson during summer 2018.

Planning stories for "The PreReq Podcast: An inside look at being a student in 2018" at the UA. 

Design 

The front-page collage on my website was created by me using Photoshop. I took the photos in Nogales, Sonora, Mexico in fall 2017. The photo of me was taken by my professor. You'll find many graphics I created on this website. I also have some newspaper and magazine design experience and can create basic graphics in Adobe InDesign.

To contact me, email KristanObeng@email.arizona.edu.